My name is Thomas Power. I'm a composer and creative developer from the most westerly town in Ireland, Dingle. Growing up in such a place has profoundly effected my life and music. Dark cloudy skies and days of endless rain are the inspiration for all of the music you can find here.
I write guitar driven atmospheric rock music as Wild Surmise
I write piano driven experimental and electronic music as L'Homme Moyen
And I compose music for media and live performance with the name that my parents gave me.
More music related info can be found at here
I also work as a Creative Technologist. I combine my technical background in mathematics and programming for creative ends. I worked for 3 years with MOBGEN:Lab in Amsterdam, Netherlands. Currently I work with the company Imagination of Things as the Lead Creative Technologist.
Tools of Choice
- Logic Pro, Ableton Live, Reaper
- p5.js, three.js, d3.js, two.js
- Vue.js, React.js
- Tensorflow.js, ml5.js
- Pure Data, Max MSP, Tone.js
- Microcontrollers (Arduino, Teensy)
- Embedded systems (Raspberry Pi, BeagleBoard), Sensors, Motors
- Motion Tracking, Skeleton Tracking